MUSIC FOR A CAUSE BENEFIT CONCERT
For Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 1:30pm
Venue: Roncesvalles United Church, 214 Wright Ave
Tickets: Pay what you can, suggested donation: $20 for adults, $10 for kids & students
100% of proceeds donated to the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
To purchase: You can purchase tickets in person at 314 Roncesvalles, by phone at 416-537-5995 or at the door.
Why Princess Margaret?
Each year CMC hosts a benefit concert, and this year we're raising funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (formerly known as the Princess Margaret Hospital). This cause is close to our hearts, as Lusiana, our CMC Director, had treatment there this past fall after having a lumpectomy.
Our CMC teachers, who are also professional musicians, donate their time and talent to put on an amazing concert, as well as our CMC rock band classes, with an eclectic mix of music, from classical to jazz to rock.
This year we have the following teachers performing:
- Hannah Bussiere, indie rock (from Luna Li)
- Brandon Wall, jazz guitarist
- Beth Polese and Sonya Harper Nyby, sopranos
- Mado Christie, piano
We've also invited our Rock Band students to perform:
- Payback (Carter W., Liam G., Deven S. & Josh B.)
- Les Boyz (Finley S., Leo C. & Kai W.)
- Wed. rock band (Devon J., Matthew C. & Jake B.)
- Tues. rock band (Xander C., Owen S & Eric G.)